Friday 23 September 2011

Worldcrafter: I am the God of Hell Fire


..And I Bring You Fire!  Dum dum duuuum duum...

Here's a screenshot* of one of the new blocks, fire**.  It can be created by dropping a piece of iron ore** and throwing*** a piece of flint at it.

* I've discovered how to take screenshots now without having to run the slow-as-a-crawl emulator.  DDMS has the option in it.  Get ready for some much better screenshots coming soon.  Although this one isn't bad, as it shows a tree growing from an acorn as well as a fire.

** Note that this is feature is in version 0.4, which will probably be out on Monday 26th October due to the rigorous testing regime we have here.

** I've decided that one of the way the players can 'craft' (to use the Minecraft terminology) is to place one kind of block and throw another kind at it.  If they are "compatible" (like iron ore and flint are) something will happen, like a fire will be created.  'But how will a player know what blocks are compatible?' I hear you ask.  That's what I created the mini-wiki for, which I'll write about on Monday probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment