Wednesday 16 January 2013

I Cannae Implement the Laws of Physics - Not!!

A long time ago I read a review of Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, where legendary game reviewer Stuart Campbell stated that it was "attention to detail" that made the difference between good games and brilliant games.  It was something like that anyway, but it was about 20 years ago so forgive if I'm wrong.  It's always stuck with me when creating games, even if I haven't had the time to actually implement these little bits of "attention to detail".

One thing that certainly does elevate good games to great games (not that I would be bodacious (dude) enough to say my games were in anyway great - that's for other people to say) is implementing physics.  So that's what I've gone and bloody-well done!


In the latest version of Worldcrafter, there are two new features: gravity when jumping, and sliding when on ice.  They might seem small and insignificant, but remember, it's attention to detail that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment