Friday 12 August 2011

Worldcrafter: Day Zero

This is it. The first post of the new game I'm creating called Worldcrafter. I've got so many ideas for it that they're leaking out my head, so I better write them down quickly.

But what is Worldcrafter?

In a nutshell, it's probably going to start off just like a 2D Minecraft for Android, which there doesn't seem to be at the moment*, and even if there was it's probably not to my liking.



* There are thousands of apps on the Android Market, and Minecraft seems so incredibly popular that I find it hard the believe there isn't one. There's a 3D version and a top-down 2D version, but I couldn't find a 2D side-view.

As you can see from the above screenshot, I've got the basic platformer-style engine up and running. If I can work out how to do a video, I'll upload one.

Anyway, I did say it will start off being just like Minecraft, but the similarity will end soon. It will contain more variety of worlds, and also take advantage of the 2D aspect. Maybe the player might be able to enter a Super Mario world! Or build there own world. I want the world to be persistent, so players can create epic landscapes for others to play in. And emergent gameplay. Etc.. etc.. It's all a long way off yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment